Steve,

Yes, the *ist or *ist D have HSS.  The 360 flash is probably the most
versatile flash Pentax has produced.  It can be use in manual or auto
(with good f stop range) on everything from an MX all the way up to
wireless HSS on an MZ-S with modeling light (strobe).  It has three
weaknesses - not as much power as the AF500FTZ, no swivel (not a big
deal to me), and no capacity to take alternative power supply (Quantum
battery pack).

Bruce