-- -----Original Message-----
-- From: Alan Chan [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
-- Sent: Tuesday, March 18, 2003 12:06 AM
--
-- >Pentax's current "flagship" - MZ-S - is, even by those on this list,
-- >considered a failure.
--
-- I think the MZ-S has come a little too late, just like many
-- Pentax products
-- in the past. If it had been released 2 years earlier, it
-- might receive a
-- much better welcome. Timing is critical, but Pentax don't
-- seem to get it.
-- They also failed to emphasis the built quality of the MZ-S
-- in their ads (if
-- there is any), but wrongly emphasized its features which don't draw
-- attention. Not that it lacks seriously, but don't look good
-- on paper when
-- compared to C/M/N. It reminds me the P50/P5 which was soon
-- disappeared from
-- the market due to AF technology, only that we are talking
-- about digital now
-- (much worse situation). Adding the USM/AFS & IS/VR issues,
-- Pentax has been
-- living in the shadow for the last 12 years.
--
-- regards,
-- Alan Chan

César