Bruce Rubenstein wrote:
The PUG? Try Sports Illustrated, not a gallery of hobbyists.

Whoahaaa. All the skill involved there can be resumed to keeping the subject in the viewfinder and the shutter release button pressed down. A movie camera would be much more appropriate.

Why don't we take some other mundane example, such as Victoria's Secrets catalog ? Now we're into a completely different set of skills. Should we speak lighting ? No USM IS there. Just lot of knowledge, careful and imaginative planning and execution. Composition ? Surely would benefit from some higher FPS. Image quality ? Yeah sure, that cool 28-300 zoom will definitely cut it.

cheers,
caveman