I'm using a 2450.  I have gotten to where I don't use my Minolta Scan
Dual II anymore for 35mm.  I have found that the diffused light from
the lid of the Epson produces a much cleaner (dust spots)  scan than
the Scan Dual II.  Lot less cleanup than I used to do.  While not
perfect, it is quite acceptable.

Bruce