I was under the impression from folks who had test driven it that it
just wasn't usable above ISO 100 due to high noise.

Most of the pros using 35mm around here (that I know) use Nikon, and I
know a few of them who *really* wanted the 14n to be their answer, and
they just couldn't make it work for them.

I might have bought Nikon glass for it since it's full-frame and was
about 1/2 the price of the 1DS, but I was put off by these user
reports. I think dpreview came to a similar conclusion.

tv