Claude,

It is not the camera that makes a photographer a professional.  It is
their vision, their artistry.  A professional is going to be able to
sell a picture taken with a Brownie.  I've sold pictures taken with a
Minolta 16II (No, not blackmail).  Somehow, there has developed an
impression that you have to have a Nikon, or a Canon to be a
professional.  Would Picasso be less of an artist if he used a different
paintbrush?  Somehow, I don't think so.  If he was using a roller,
maybe...

John Mullan