> I just would like to understand one simple thing: why
> Pentax didn´t develop a new PZ-1p version?

They did. It was internally labeled the Z2. It was shelved because the marketing
people believed it wouldn't sell. There still exist a prototype Z-1p sucessor. As far
as I know it hasn't (yet) gotten the go ahead and probably never will.
I believe the main reason for lack of an upgrade is that the Z-series never was
sucessful. So theres not much will to repeat them. However, the Z-1p's user interface
may of course find its way into a new camera some day.

Pål