Claude wrote:

> I just would like to understand one simple thing: why
> Pentax didn´t develop a new PZ-1p version? With few
> improvements (more efficient autofocus, AA battery
> grip) it could become a professional camera able to
> face its competitors! Besides, Pentax users that are
> becoming professionals (like me) could keep their
> Pentax systems instead of going to another brands...
> Why Pentax abandoned professionals? Any ideas?

Pentax, like many of the strange people here follow the logic: I
don't need it, so you don't need it either. They see an advantage in
the absence of specs. This is absurd in itself, but there is no
chance to discuss this with Pentax or certain people here. They
immediately will switch into defensive mode. Versatility and freedom
of choice isn't their thing. They want that everybody thinks like
they do. Additionally, Pentax never gave much support to their older
camera systems. They release SLRs the same way they make P&S: buy it
as it is, or better look for something else.

The Z-1P in my eyes never was a real pro camera, more semipro. So
Pentax has not really abandoned professionals with the MZ-S. But they
obviously go for another portion of the semipro market now.

A Z-1P with SAFOX IV would be great indeed.

Ralf