I think the coolest way to build a hybrid body would be to put the sensor
where the focus screen is.  Then leave everything else alone like film
transport.  The only thing that would stink would be no optical viewfinder.
 But the metering system could be a lot like the LX, as it would have to be
put behind the mirror as there would be no other place for it.

Todd