On 18 Jul 2003 at 11:56, Dr E D F Williams wrote:
[...]
> Silicosis is nasty.
[...]

Don,
I'm sorry I don't know much about the health effects of inhaling
quartz sand, but from what you describe I can imagine it increases
the risk of lung oedema and cols as well as irritation-induced
cancer.

You have done a good job documenting what happens to your person and
your property. What if you went to the press with it? Or confronted
the cement company with the prospect of doing it?

Are there any options for the company to reduce your problems? I
would guess the fall-out on your premises vary with wind-direction.
Perhaps it's possible to strike a deal with them as to how they use
their area depending on the prevailing winds? Long shot, maybe, but
I'm just trying to sidle up to the problem sideways, sort of... :-)

cheers,
Jostein

--
Photos at: http://www.oksne.net