Hi,

I've just come back from a walk right around that dreadful place with a
camera. I just downloaded the pictures and they're good. I'm going to set up
a proper web site with the whole story and get in touch with the right
people after that. The stuff I've already put up was a very rough and ready
effort just to show certain people what was going on. I sent them each a two
page description of the situation, including information about the size
range and identification of the sand grains.

Whether sand falls on us depends entirely on the wind strength and
direction. Anything over a metre or two per second from the North or
North-West and we get it. Sometimes really badly. About eight days ago I
could hardly see across this yard and everything, the house, the car, the
garden furniture and all the plants in the garden was covered with fine
white sand. The lawn looked like snow had fallen on it.

I'm taking this matter seriously now and won't rest until it is sorted out.

Don

Dr E D F Williams
http://personal.inet.fi/cool/don.williams
Author's Web Site and Photo Gallery