>I totally agree with you. I don´t think I´ll be a
>better professional with this or that equipment. But I
>feel uncomfortable on how Pentax have been showing
>itself to the pro market as a supplier. It´s a matter
>of confidence, I think.

They are, but mainly with medium format equipments. From what I have read
from books, Pentax was never meant to provide professional products (not
counting the medium format). Their original philosophy was to provide
affordable quality products so photography would be popular. In the case of
the LX, I think the Pentax guys must think they could take on the Canon F1
and the Nikon F3 at the time. It turned out the LX has never been a
financial success. Since then, Pentax have never been into professional 35mm
bodies. So, to put it simple, there is really one pro camera from Pentax
over the years - the LX (which I think, was a mistake if not entirely). But
then many Pentax users have stayed with Pentax mainly because of the LX too.
Without the LX, many Pentax fans might have never existed.

regards,
Alan Chan