----- Original Message -----
From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Thanks Jostein. I had the FA*28-70/2.8 before. It was too big. From Contax
> learned the importance of having a small cute camera and a small cute
lens. The
> models we shoot would perform much better, even though 90% of the time we
> are not shooting for money.

I understand you only too well about the weight of the FA zoom. :-)

It's hard to match the Contax G2 with any SLR system, but I think Pentax
might be the brand that comes closest in terms of camera size. It looks like
they will stick to the "small and cute" strategy for their DSLRs too, if the
*istD is anything to judge by.

When it comes to the quality of Pentax optics compared to Canon, I don't
have a clue. But I do have both the FA*24/2 and the FA 31/1.8 limited, and
they are both excellent optics. I ran a test of the 31mm flare resistance a
couple of days ago, and the slides I got back today were simply flare-free
with the sun well within the frame.

But I'm sure you can get Canon lenses that do the job nicely too. Have you
considered the synergy effect of having the same brand as your girlfriend?

Cheers,
Jostein