May I suggest the following set up ? Keep your
FA*24/2, and buy the 43/1.9ltd, 77/1.8ltd, and 135/2.8
lenses, and either an *ist or MZ-6 body (it fully
supports the FGZ360 flash and also has the Av/Tv
dial). I would also keep the FA*300/4.5 and then you
have a versatile and really lightweight ("cute")
equipment (compare the weight of similar equipment
from other manufacturers).

Enjoy,
Alexander

> Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 12:58:40 -0700
> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
>> But I'm sure you can get Canon lenses that do the
job nicely too.
>> Have you
>> considered the synergy effect of having the same
brand as your
>> girlfriend?

> She used to use universal screw mount given to her
> by her father before being Canonized. She likes the
> P Tv Av M dial. Be it a good thing or not, the *ist
> series has a Canonized user interface. She cannot
> use my Z-1p at all, it is just way too complex for
> her. I am a computer guy, to me Z-1p is very
> natural. The dials of my Contax are like the screw
> mount stuff she is used to, but she wants zoom
> lenses. I don't use her Canon because she has no 'L'
> lenses or fixed-focal length lenses. As you can see,
> it is very hard for us to agree on photographic
> equipment...... Thinking of the good side maybe it
> is a good thing for us not to share gear.
>
> If I go Canon, it is going to be 50/1.4 or 50/1.8,
> 17-40/4L, and maybe 135/2L if surprisingly I still
> have money left.

The 135/2L is more contrasty than
the Pentax A*135/1.8, but the latter probably has
better three-dimenionality.