Nope.  Boosting ISO to get the shutter speed you want causes
underexposure, all else being equal.  You should not, repeat:
NOT adjust ISO to boost your shutter speed just to keep hand-holding.
Really.

-Lon

Ramesh Kumar wrote:
Let me make it clear..
Say I am using 100mm lens and I also want aperture to
be f8. With this setting shutter speed is too low to
take handheld shots, in such cases i can just increase the ISO till shutter speed becomes more than
1/200sec. Thus I can avoid tripod.

Yes, if you deliberately want a long exposure then you
need a tripod. Same goes to night photography

Thanks
Ramesh

--- Herb Chong <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

amateur or pro has nothing to do with it. depends on
what you do. i shoot
many exposures in the 10 second range.

Herb...
----- Original Message ----- From: "Ramesh Kumar" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>