REPLY:

I'm not convinced. In order for the market to go where you predict in less
than five years digital need to offer more than simply "not using film" which is
basically all that there is to digital at present. Mind you, that may be
enough for many but not convincing enough for a wholesale switch to digital. In
addition, digital needs to get a lot cheaper (something I'm sure it will).
Likewise, camera sales doesn't really reflect camera usage or preferences.
Customers are buying what they don't own. For slr's all own film slr's; hardly anyone
(yet) own a DSLR.

Pål

To my way of thinking, no film is a pretty big advantage. So, just curious,
what else could DSLRs offer? Resolution as good as medium format? What?

Marnie aka Doe :-)  Good to see you're still alive and kicking, Pal.