I think film will continue to be available for hobbyists. But pros will
eventually be forced into digital. But not until 10 megapixel cameras
are widely available for less than $1000. When will that happen? Two to
three years at most. But film is fun, ans ome of us will continue to use
it. It's a different medium. Remember, they didn't stop using oil paints
when film was invented.