Amen to that - After all these years I still cant find a lab I am even
halfway happy with in terms of both consistency and results.  That's the
main reason I went to slides.  The scanning time involved with slides to
sensibly print them without spending a lot of money is part of what has
pushed me to digital.

Don't get me wrong, I still dearly love film - and want to keep using
it.  I have just bought 50 odd assorted films in bulk from a cheap
source.  Trouble is, when you go to grab for a camera it is all to easy
to grab the digital first.

Jury is still out on whether peoples predictions that I wont use film
again will be proved right!  Till it goes full frame, then landscapes
will push me towards film for wideangle solutions.  The FA*24 and 77ltd
don't give me an fov that suits me ibn the ist either - and they are my
fave lenses *sigh*