> -----Original Message-----
> From: tom [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Sent: 13 October 2003 04:07
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: RE: *istD vs. Digital Rebel
>
> Here's what I do:
>
> - Shoot raw, auto WB.

That's not always practical, but I have just ordered my second 1Gb card,
so with 2.5Gb total I will be able to do it more often now.

> - FTP it to a lab that knows what they're doing.
>
> Here's my little theory about WB - you don't need to worry
> about it. What have print labs been doing for years? Working
> with a media that is stuck on daylight balance but shot in a
> multitude of conditions. If you're making prints, find an
> expert printer and let him do his job.

Yeah, but if I had an expert printer who I was consistently happy with
and I didn't have to pay an arm and a leg for then I wouldn't have felt
so much drive towards digital in the first place.  For many, half the
point of digital is cutting this weak link out of the chain.