From: "tom" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2003 16:28:30 -0400
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: RE: *istD vs. Digital Rebel

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Apilado [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, October 12, 2003 3:40 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I wonder how many users of digital equipment carry a white card to do white balancing?

No one that I know.

I actually went to a digital seminar thingie a while back which was
basically a front for this guy to sell his *really* white white-card.
He claimed you couldn't do "proper" photography without one. I was
with a bunch of photographer friends, and we just sniggered. All of us
use auto.

Just like how many digital slr users carry a
light meter around
with them all the time so they can get more accurate
metering that their
dslr doesn't seemingly give them.

Right. The histogram is so innacurate.

Lots of extra stuff to carry.

Whatever.

tv

-- graywolf http://graywolfphoto.com

"You might as well accept people as they are,
you are not going to be able to change them anyway."