Dave,

You are basically correct if the popup flash is stronger than the
slave and ambient isn't too strong.  The problem is, that the reason
to move the flash off camera is to make the main light not be direct.
 In your proposed approach, the popup becomes the main and the
 AF360FGZ becomes the fill.  The desired lighting effect is probably
 not really what you are looking for.  You either need something to
 control TTL on all flashes, including ratios or run all the lights
 manually and flash meter for correct exposure.

---
Bruce