Bruce wrote:

BD> You are basically correct if the popup flash is stronger than the
BD> slave and ambient isn't too strong.  The problem is, that the reason
BD> to move the flash off camera is to make the main light not be direct.
BD>  In your proposed approach, the popup becomes the main and the
BD>  AF360FGZ becomes the fill.  The desired lighting effect is probably
BD>  not really what you are looking for.  You either need something to
BD>  control TTL on all flashes, including ratios or run all the lights
BD>  manually and flash meter for correct exposure.

  That's a very good point. Still one can exercise some control by
  dialing negative compensation on the camera to attenuate the pop-up
  flash. I never use direct uncompensated flash except for the midday
  fill-in. The illumination provided by a punctual light source like
  the pop-up flash is especially harsh.

  Servus,  Alin