----- Original Message -----
Subject: OT: Zenitar Fish Eye?

> I've been think about getting a Zenitar fish eye (16mm). Screwmount, it
would
> work on my Canon Elan 7e (with the adapter that I already got for the
Super
> Tak 35mm 3.5). Evidentially higher priced/better fish eyes have a lot less
> distortion, etc., etc.
>
> But it might be fun to play around with.
>
> Complete waste of time or not?

I had one for a while. I found it to be quite sharp, and surprisingly, not
overly flarey. I thought the colour rendition was a bit garish, it might fit
in well with Canon lenses in this regard.
I found a good deal on a Super Takumar 17mm fisheye, and ended up selling
the Zenitar to a fellow list member.

William Robb