On Wed, 5 Nov 2003, William Robb wrote:

> I had one for a while. I found it to be quite sharp, and surprisingly,
> not overly flarey. I thought the colour rendition was a bit garish, it
> might fit in well with Canon lenses in this regard. I found a good deal
> on a Super Takumar 17mm fisheye, and ended up selling the Zenitar to a
> fellow list member.

And I've been happy with it.  Build quality is good, though I always find
it a bit disconcerting when the front part of the barrel, complete with
lens group(s), can screw off.  A lot of Pentax 200/4s can do that.  I
don't mind the optical quality... it's good enough for anything I'd use a
fisheye on a 35mm camera for.

chris