Hi,

Friday, December 5, 2003, 2:36:31 AM, you wrote:

> I'm getting ready to email Santa with this year's wish list, which has at
> the top, a new Incident Meter.  My historic Sekonic L-28, while reliable,
> simple to use, and as solid as an Abrams Tank, is also heavy, clumsy and as
> old as Paul Stenquist.  (it's a joke, Paul, honest!!)

> I'm looking at a Sekonic L-358, a Minolta Autometer V, or maybe a used
> Minolta Autometer IV.  I want something light, easy to use (I'm not very
> smart) but solid and reliable.  Cost is important, no more than $250 (not
> being smart, I'm therefore poor.)

> Can anyone offer some insight before I send something off to Santa?

> Thanks in advance for taking the time.......

I have a Sekonic L-608, which is about the same size as the L-358
you're interested in. Technically I can't fault it - it's a superb
meter, reliable, robust but reasonably light. I guess the same would
be true of the meter you're looking at. The trouble is, it's slightly
too big to be convenient when I go out with one camera and one lens for
a snap-shooting, travelling light kind of day. You might find the same
thing with the L-358. For this I bought a Sekonic L-208 Twinmaster. Not
so full of functions as the big meter, but ideal for lightweight shooting
(except when I need to take a spot reading).

http://www.sekonic.com/Products/prodinfo.html

--
Cheers,
 Bob                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]