> Hello Ryan,
>
> If I'm understanding you, you are curious to know at what size moving
> to Medium or Large format is noticeable compared to 35mm film.  Before
> I made the move to Pentax 67, I wondered the same thing.  After making
> the move, and shooting a couple of hundred rolls of MF film, I can
> tell you that you can see the difference in a 4X5 print.  At that
> small size, the difference you see is mostly a tonal one.

I'm not for one moment trying to suggest this isn't true - I've heard
the some thing said many times before.  I can only assume that this is
either because there is some significant difference between the film
emulsions sold (under the same names) as 35mm and medium format film,
or because the tone of the image changes as you change the enlargement.

Any suggestions as to which is the actual reason?