Cotty wrote:

> Interestingly, I haven't seen many for sale. Not in dealers'
> ads in AP, nor on eBay. I think most people buying these
> cameras have considered the facts and are not going to
> stomach the heavy loss in selling used. If you've bought a
> D60 for £1600 (me) then you're (me) hardly going to want to
> sell it for a pittance - I'd rather keep it as a second body,
> as a few have already said. If I did sell, I would want about
> a grand, maybe 900 but who in their right mind would pay that
> when a brand new 10D can be had for a little bit more? It
> would be insane.

I too have made a hefty 'paper' loss, if you look at selling it right now -
but that was never the plan from the outset, so it is a non argument. I
jumped onto the digital scene, because the *ist D provides an image quality
I can live with now and years down the road. The only question I have is
wondering if the digital cameras will endure as long as my film cameras.
Pretty much like computers, you know that your latest machine will be old
stuff in two years time and to keep up to date (if such is your thing) you
know that you will be putting your hand in your pocket, to bridge the
plummeting value of your old equipment.

The real mystery is who buys new cameras (film or digital) and sells them
months later. I know lots of people who have cameras but have had them
years.

> I think all here who bought the *ist D would be very
> reluctant to sell in a year's time. Even in two.

Or five.

Malcolm