alex wetmore <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>On Tue, 13 Jan 2004, Steve Desjardins wrote:
>> I doubt, however, that I would dump my *istD
>> for an 8 mp APS sensor successor quickly unless it was <$1000.
>
>If such a camera came out the *ist D would probably be worth $500 or
>less.  At that point I would probably keep it as a second body.

The point is that the *ist-D *wouldn't* depreciate much if no one was
willing to sell theirs off to buy a replacement. And clearly most people
(correctly, in my view) don't see a *major* improvement coming for a
couple of years. I think the next one or two DSLRs will be less
expensive cameras. The next step *up* will probably not be big enough to
get *ist-D owners to feel the need to move up.

--
Mark Roberts
Photography and writing