One other thing to consider for us current owners:
I would really like a backup DSLR at some point.  If/when a better
body is released, I would be more inclined to keep the *istD as the
backup and then purchase the new body, rather than unload the old
body.

Also, there would need to be a significant improvement (more than
Canon D60 to 10D) to make me consider buying it (aside from needing/wanting
a backup body).  Something like a FF sensor.

--
Best regards,
Bruce