I had lunch at a local restaurant and the bill was $15.00
and change.  I gave the woman at the register a $100.00
bill.  The change should have been $84.00+ but I was given
$64.00+ .... shortchanged by $20.00. Bringing this to the
attention of the cashier, I was told the amount of change I
received was correct. That's what the computer in the
register said.  I asked her to do the math, to subtract
$85.00 from $100.00.  She looked at me like I was from outer
space, and insisted that the computer was right.  She either
could not do the math (a likely probability) or believed
whatever "the computer" told her (also a strong
possibility).  We had to call the restaurant manager to get
the math right and for me to get the correct change.
Sheesh!