Exactly the point: there's only so much information that can
fit easily on those little screens, and only so much
information a operator can easily and quickly absorb.  So,
Pentax decided that this feature or that function would be
accessed or viewed in a different manner.

Going to another camera, the maker may have chosen other
information to be absent from the screen, based on what they
perceived was important.  I recall a Canon user saying that
she was disappointed because she couldn't get reruns of
Gilligan's Island on her 10D.