> By the way, for those who aren't following this thread on the Leica
> forum, it's turned into quite a debate on the virtues of Pentax vs. C
> and N. Marc Williams took the tiff pic of my IIIc and blew it up to 20"
> x 24" using Fred Miranda's Step Interpolation program for the 1Ds. He
> ended up with a 243.3 meg file. He posted a slice of the enlargement.
> It's amazine. The thread is here:
> http://www.photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=007PMT

One minor quibble: you say, in one post on that thread, that the *ist-D
(in manual metering mode with older K/M lenses) will automatically adjust
the shutter speed if you change the aperture of the lens, without needing
to re-meter.  This is, of course, incorrect - there's no way for the
camera to even _detect_ that you've changed the aperture.