On 16 Feb 2004 at 6:59, Shel Belinkoff wrote:

> Oh, how I feel your pain ...
>
> I'm no istd expert, far from it, but I do believe there's a
> way to see the setting.  Maybe some with more expertise in
> such matter will chime in (John or Rob seem to have a good
> handle on this).
>
> But I also have to laugh a bit at this complaint ... it
> seems that many people want the camera to do even the
> simplest things for them.  It wasn't that long ago that we
> had to remember our setting as nothing appeared in the
> viewfinder or in little windows on the camera body.

Well my Leicas either have a film type reminder dial on the door or an ISO
selector, my Pentax cameras have a window to the film canister or slot for the
end of the film packet and an ISO dial to quickly gaze on. I'm constantly
changing the effective ISO when shooting digital and I'd appreciate an always
visible ISO reminder display. The only options to check at the moment are
operational kludges.

Cheers,

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110
UTC(GMT)  +10 Hours
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Pentax user since 1986, PDMLer since 1998