Hi!

BD> I don't have a soft focus lens in 35mm (sold it to Boris) and so
BD> haven't really played much yet with that style on the *istD.  The
BD> focal lengths that Pentax offers just don't seem to be right. With
BD> the 67, the 120mm gave a equivalent of about 60mm which worked for
BD> both couples and single portraits.  Offering a 28mm and 85mm for 35mm
BD> is too wide or too long.  I would like about a 50-60mm.  So right now
BD> I am looking at filters for my FA 50/1.4.

Bruce, though you know that I would say it kind of out loud - I am
thoroughly enjoying that lens that I helped you to get rid of <g>...

I suppose you can get a single element soft lens, say by taking a
M35/2.8 and leaving only the first element... You know, like it's been
done with Russian Helios lenses and published on my web site <g>... It
will give you something like 52/4 soft... Or you can take a third
party lens...

But then the focusing becomes real bitch...

Anyway, I do appreciate that formerly yours F 85/2.8 soft...

Boris