On 28/2/04, [EMAIL PROTECTED] disgorged:

>David Miers:
>
>>I build my own PC's, can I do the same effectively with a Mac?

Anders Hultman

>I suppose you could, but Macs seldom are sold in parts like PCs often
>are. I.e while you can buy an assembled PC *or* all the parts and
>assemble yourself, I don't think that case, motherboard etc for a Mac
>can be bought separately...

Cotty:

Yes they can.

There are plenty of places in the USA, too many to list. Do a Google.

Here in the UK:

http://www.applemacparts.com

amongst others.

I buy parts off eBay frequently. A while back I purchased a new
motherboard of an eBay seller in the US and installed it in a dead iMac
that was given to him. My son now has a working 400Mhx OS X computer for
$100. He can hook up his MIDI keyboard to it with no extra software
required. I don't know much about electronics. I'm just very good at
following instructions :-)

Cheers,
  Cotty

___/\__