I work for an advertising agency with close to 3000 employees, including approximately 700 designers, art directors, and writers. While the other 2300 employees use PCs, all creatives use Macs. You don't get a choice, because we have to be transparently interconnected within the creative department. The decision to go with Macs was based on the fact that most of our suppliers, including retouchers, illustrators, photographers, post-production houses and other graphics oriented facilities, use Macs as well. It may be different in Oz, but in the US, graphic arts are still dominated by Macs.
Paul