On 28 Feb 2004 at 8:16, David Miers wrote:

> The important concerns here for me are do I need to be competent on a Mac to be
> competent in the industry? (Yes, I probably do)

No that's pure BS. All the major printed publications in Oz have been PC based
for over 15 years. Only little self obsessed design houses wouldn't offer you
your platform of your choice.

> Which system will give me a
> more productive workflow specifically working with graphics applications?

You need to know how to effectively manage colour and the major image editing
and other graphic orientated applications on either platform, no more.

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110
UTC(GMT)  +10 Hours
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Pentax user since 1986, PDMLer since 1998