Hoping to tap the experience of the list here...

For over a decade I've been shooting T-max 400 film for work and T-max 100
film for personal use.  I like the fine grain and tonality of the T-max
100.  Well, work went digital 6 months ago and the darkroom went away.
I'm still shooting T-max 400 when I want high speed, because I like it's
performance characteristics at high speed and I am VERY familiar with it.

For T-max 100, though, the cost of the T-max developer (and I recall
testing in college and finding that it really preferred T-max developer)
is burdensome, and there are other films that will do the job.

I've started to work with Ilford Pan F, developed in Ilford ID-11+ (which
I like just a bit better than the almost identical Kodak D-76).  I like
this combo, despite supply issues with the developer here in the U.S.
The problem I am having with ID-11+ is one of shelf life.  Less than half a
gallon of developer in a gallon bottle oxidized to the color of coca-cola
in a month or two in my basement.  Since I run small batches, and
infrequently, this is going to continue to be a problem.  I don't think a
smaller bottle (which I have) will help all that much.

So, I'm looking for a developer that
1) is cheap
2) keeps in "normal" form
3) gives good results with Ilford Pan F

I've been thinking that maybe a liquid concentrate is the way to go.
That's the way I keep my T-max developer now (unmixed) and
it is holding up fine.  Unfortunately many of them are not cheap, and
I have no experience with them at all.  Developer shelf life never
used to be an issue for me!

The first thing that springs to mind is Rodinal.  I know it doesn't keep
well mixed, but I'd assume it keeps fine in the bottle?  Is the
high-acutance nature of Rodinal likely to mess up the fine-grain,
"traditional"-tonality look of Pan F?

Recommendations?

DJE