"Peter Smith" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> There is a large black ridge around the diaphragm control lever on
> the back of the [Vivitar Series 1 70-210] that is much bigger on my
> Series 1 than on other K mounts I own.

They must have built more than one version of the mount: my S1 70-210
doesn't have the ridge at all.  Perhaps it's a later version, after
they discovered the problem with their oversized one?  It's only there
to protect the diaphragm coupling, anyway...

I asked my local Pentax technician, by the way, and he said he hadn't
heard of this problem, but mused that it would explain some weird
damage he'd seen to the mirror boxes of a couple of LX bodies.

-tih
--
The basic difference is this: hackers build things, crackers break them.