Hi Tanya,
Sorry to hear about your Ebay transaction vs.
Vivitar Series 1 lens (28-90/2.8-3.5 macro)

I'm a bit wary about bidding for anything on Ebay, but maybe it's the Scot
in me.  There are a number of shady characters out there, unfortunately a
number of people have to get stung before these are found out. Even then,
they often change their ID, so what can one do. Got to take a chance if it's
what you want.

You are perhaps fortunate that the seller lives in Australia, but that's a
big place.
James