Tom

The ridge I refer to is on all my K mount lenses.  It's the raised bit that
stops the aperture control lever getting bent if you present the lens to the
mount clumsily.  It's just that on most K mount lenses this bit covers about
5 to 10 minutes of the circumference of the lens mount whereas on MY (others
may be different) Vivitar Series 1 70-210 f3.5 the bit covers about 30
minutes.  It's never been a problem on my other cameras (SFXn MES MG) but
stops it being mounted on the MZ/ZX series. (and according to Tanya the PZ
as well).

Tanya

We seem to have gone on a drift from your original problem with regards to
the S1 28mm you bought on ebay and are presuming that it has the same
problem as my 70-210.  You seem to have gone quiet on this one?  (Don't tell
us you'd left the rear lens cap on)