James Adams wrote:

> Hi Tanya,
> Sorry to hear about your Ebay transaction vs.
> Vivitar Series 1 lens (28-90/2.8-3.5 macro)
>
> I'm a bit wary about bidding for anything on Ebay, but maybe it's the Scot
> in me.  There are a number of shady characters out there, unfortunately a
> number of people have to get stung before these are found out. Even then,
> they often change their ID, so what can one do. Got to take a
> chance if it's what you want.

I don't think there is anything untoward in the deal.  Its just an
incompatibility problem.  If the seller was aware of the problem then maybe
they should have declared it but they probably didn't know as Tanya didn't.
Any decent seller will probably take it back but I think Tanya will have to
stand the shipping both ways as the incompatibility is with her "newer"
cameras, and the lens is working as intended.  Take it to your favourite
photo store Tanya and try it on older (SF series and before) cameras just to
make sure it isn't a lens problem.

At least because of this incident and a previous thread on the Vivitar
Series 1, list members are now aware of a potential incompatibility.  I
think that's the problem of buying remotely (ebay or otherwise) - you can't
examine and test before you buy.

Peter