----- Original Message -----
From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, March 16, 2004 8:01 PM
Subject: Re: no fate but what we make

> Sorry, but not agree . Of course, they will sell more, but, more to
pentax
> owners.
> The firmware was made in order to keep pentax users.
> If you own Pentax K or M or A, loosing the compatibility , an
pentax user,
> will switch very easily to a 300D or a D70. ( if the lens cannot be
used,
> why not use other brand ?)

Or, a Pentax user may just as easily stay with a brand that has
served them well over time. I find the presumption that not having
compatability with a few lenses that are 3 decades old to be without
merit.
People have always bought Nikon or Canon (especially Nikon) because
it's "what the pro's use", whether the camera they are looking at has
merit or not doesn't seem to matter.

> But also, more and more, people will switch easily, because DSLR
mean
> change lens needed.

Umm, sorry, but this sentence doesn't make sense. In English, it is
just a bunch of random words.

> You need the best lens for DSLR, that is something that is more and
more
> evident.

I think Pentax stacks up pretty well in this regard. I left Nikon for
Pentax because of the Pentax lenses, not the bodies, although the LX
was a hell of a lot nicer camera in it's day than the F3 or F1.

William Robb