Hello Chris,

I have to pretty much agree with you.  I had already sold almost all
my 35mm equipment quite awhile back so could have picked any
body/system that I wanted.  The *istD was more appealing for many of
the features that you mentioned here.

On top of that, I almost never use AF - I find that it tends to weaken
my composition.  So IS/USM are not at the top of my list of features.

I love my *istD!!!

Bruce