Yes they will sell more cameras to Pentax lens owners. Which they wouldn't have otherwise. They would
have let that potential market get away. Which is exactly what I said. The re-learned a lesson they had forgotten.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Sorry, but not agree . Of course, they will sell more, but, more to pentax
owners.
The firmware was made in order to keep pentax users.
If you own Pentax K or M or A, loosing the compatibility , an pentax user,
will switch very easily to a 300D or a D70. ( if the lens cannot be used,
why not use other brand ?)

But also, more and more, people will switch easily, because DSLR mean
change lens needed.

You need the best lens for DSLR, that is something that is more and more
evident.

Because they didn't realize that compatibility would sell more cameras. Now that they do I expect
more compatibility. As should you.

Christian Skofteland wrote:

----- Original Message ----- From: "Paul Stenquist" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

The compatability of the *ist-D with my numerous K lenses is more than
adequate for most of my needs. They have pleased me.

which was EXACTLY my point. Why should Pentax make anything different?

Christian