From: frank theriault [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, 28 March 2004 2:13 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: something weird...

BTW, Tan,

A final note.  I don't think you "majorly broke the law" by reproducing that
e-mail in it's entirety.

That weaselly disclaimer statement is just their way of trying to say, "You
know what, we screwed up royally by sending an e-mail, in error, to someone
to whom we didn't intend to send it.  If, due to our error, that receipient
does something with it to screw up our company, we want to try to sue him,
even though ~we~ screwed up."

Now, if there's one thing you have to know about the law, it's that having a
law means nothing.  Enforcing it means everything.

No one's going to come after you for reproducing the e-mail.  All you did,
after all, was send it to the very same group to which they sent it in
error!  Remember, we all got the same "out of office" reply.  And, even if
we didn't all get it, there's nothing damaging to Max' company in that
e-mail, so they've suffered no damages, so why would they want to try to
enforce their alleged copyright?  There's nothing to enforce, without
damages.

So, again, relax.  Have a nice cuppa tea (I'd say beer, but I know you don't
drink).  Go take more lovely photographs.  And, have a nice day.

cheers,
frank

"The optimist thinks this is the best of all possible worlds.  The pessimist
fears it is true."  -J. Robert Oppenheimer

>From: "Tanya Mayer Photography" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

<snip>

>Secondly, I just realised that I majorly broke the law by posting that
>email
>in its entirety with the disclaimer attached, I'll probably get into
>"trouble" for that too.  <snip>

MSN Premium: Up to 11 personalized e-mail addresses and 2 months FREE*
http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-ca&page=byoa/prem&xAPID=1994&DI=1034&SU=htt
p://hotmail.com/enca&HL=Market_MSNIS_Taglines