Hi Ken.
When I started on this list back in '96 when APS was staring out,  I took a
lot of flack from die hard 35mm fans who seemed threatened by the new
format.  My only complaint with APS is that you can't buy slide film here in
the U.S. I recall when 110 came out in the early 70's, slide film could be
purchased.  Even the earlier 126 format had slide film available.
Jim A.