800-speed APS film is quite new, isn't it? Like two months old? Perhaps it
requires its own processing channel and all labs will have to learn with
experience.

In my view, the arrival of 800-speed APS film breathes new life into the
format, especially for available-light fans. But only if you get a serious
(f/2.8) camera that lets you override the exposure and the default
film-speed setting, and that respects "no flash" as a default setting so
that you need not turn the flash OFF before every shot.

Off the top of my head, I can think of just one model that meets these
criteria: Contax. Are there others? The Contax is PRICEY; for that money, I
could have an equally small (smaller?) Minolta TC-1, a 35mm rangefinder
with an f/3.5 lens; or a nearly-as-small Contax T1 or T2 f/2.8 35mm
rangefinder.

Ken Takeshita <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
 In the first ASA800 film processing, they returned a bit bluish cast
photos.  These were
eventually corrected, but this does indicate that the processor may have
some difficulty in processing the APS films for whatever reason.
This particular processor is a pro lab (Fuji) and they do a superb job on
all my 35mm and MedF films....

Paul Franklin Stregevsky, Technical Writer
NEC America, Inc.
Mail Stop VA-4610
14040 Park Center Rd.
Herndon, VA 20171-3227