on 4/9/01 1:05 AM, James Apilado at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> You speak "treason" by saying you would let go 35mm vs. APS and MF.  But let
> me join you in that.

Hi Jim,

Treason?  Well, yes, but I am still practicing the monogamy by not getting
into a heresy of buying one of these plasticky Canon bodies to go with my EF
lenses :-) (But the Elan 7e looks interesting :-)

BTW, below quoted post is all the more reasons that you and I wish a 35mm
APS.  APS cassette itself is an independent system in system which add more
film related functions within a camera system.  The present 35mm film
magazine only serves as a light tight container and the film back is totally
wasted while the APS film has magnetic strip on it which allows all kinds of
functions.  I realize the issue of having to modify the infrastructure, and
huge installed base of regular camera (I have no hesitation to invest in an
APS version of the Pentax 35mm cameras), but the film compartment of the
present camera is totally wasted now.  Besides, with no back plate to open
for film loading (except a small loading door), using the APS style cassette
will make the camera sealing much tighter.  Oh, well :-)

on 4/9/01 9:43 PM, Martin Corro at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Hi Peter, Let's see. You can assign Memory #1 to Supra 100, so you write #1
> in your Supra 100 roll. Then you have another roll, for example Tri-X, and
> that goes to Memory #2, so you write #2 in your Tri-x roll.
> When you switch rolls, all you have to do is tell the camera the number of
> the memory wrote in the roll.
> The camera can have some way to reset the memories if you like to do so.
> I think that the problem with the other option (to remember how many frames
> I shot) is that if you have 5 different rolls, you finish remembering the
> numbers and not thinking in taking photos.
> And tell me, if you change the rolls 4 times, where will you write the
> numbers???

Cheers,

Ken