Thursday, May 13, 2004, 12:34:44 AM, Tom wrote:
TC> I was reading on some site several months ago about compact flash memory
TC> possibly becoming 'obsolete' in the near future.  It seems the trend is to
TC> move to smaller physically dimensioned, higher memory capacity cards.  I
TC> don't know what I'm taking about, it's just something I read.

Yes, it is the same with all of the consumer computer industry - all standards
are cut the moment they need new profits, selling near identical products
which use a different standard. Ever tried upgrading your older PC?
Even the case and power supply are "morally outdated" by now, not
fitting with the new "standard"...

But I think CF will stay a while. They have the best storage/price
ratio, and their physical form is the ideal for most pro cameras.
Would you think of saving your pictures which make your living to a
card as small as a thumbnail, as some are now? Me certainly not. CF
card is the smallest possible for me, with ergonomics in mind.

Best regards,
   Frantisek Vlcek